Las Vegas Gambling – Get The Edge For Winning
Finding the best places to gamble and taking advantage of the following tips will help you have the best time possible–and hopefully have you come out on top.
Las Vegas Gambling Tips
According to USA Today, your best play with the lowest cost is sports betting. After all the math is said and done, it only comes out to a seventeen cent loss per hour.
If sports betting is not your thing, here are some of the better options to go for:
- Play At The Tables, Not The Machines
– Games like blackjack and three card poker are decent options, but they move pretty fast. The slower the game, the less per hour you’ll lose. One game, Let It Ride, is a very slow moving poker game that pays big if you hit the best hands.
- Become a Real “Player” by Joining the Club
– It’s like having a grocery savings card but for the games. Signing up gives you a card and the casino will track your betting. Many offer perks for simply becoming a member. This is the easiest way to gain a slight advantage.
- Study The Games You Like to Play
– This is something you can do on your own time. Studying the games you plan to play using books or software will teach you the intricacies of the game and get you used to how it flows. Also, you can learn from those who have played and win by researching gambling stories, tales of success and failure from people just like you and me.
- Ask at your hotel or any casino for free gambling training
– In order to attract new customers, some casino offer to teach you about the rules of the game and even tips and tricks. Don’t miss this opportunity ;)
- Where you play is almost as important as how you play
– Some will say that off the strip is best but the really huge winnings are at the bigger hotels. Don’t be afraid to make the trip to downtown, where Fremont street and the rest of the area offers some classic gambling halls and casinos.
Whatever your flavor, here are places where you can try your luck.
Las Vegas Casino Hotels
These are the grand daddies of them all, the luxurious lobbies of the hotels. The big casinos, such as the MGM Grand, Belaggio, Excalibur, Tresure Island, Mandalay Bay, Wynn, etc. on the Strip, or The D, Binions, Las Vegas Club, 4 Qeens, El Cortez on Fremont Street, are about as gorgeous as they can get. You will have no problem finding an open table that has your game–and your name–on it. Slot machines to satisfy every whim, spending just a little time playing in the big casinos is a must.
In Las Vegas you can play EVERYWHERE :)
It almost doesn’t matter where you go, you are bound to find a slot machine or a poker machine in almost every public place of business. There’s gaming at restaurants, convenience stores, pharmacies, fast food joints, even at the car rental places :) Who knows? These off-one places may be the location where you hit it big.
Classic Gambling for the Purists
There are still many areas where you can play on the old nostalgic slot machines that require dropping money in and, when winning, hearing the coins hit the metal basket. The Las Vegas Club off the Fremont Street Experience is one place for you classic wannabes.
… But there are other old time gems around, too. If you like to go back in history, you can see some great gambling antiques at the Nevada State Museum in Las Vegas.
The Place To Shop: Las Vegas Gamblers General Store
As you know, practice makes perfect. Having your hands on the cards, throwing the dice whenever you want, and placing a bet when it doesn’t really count makes for great practice without losing your shirt. If you’re looking to get some legitimate casino wares to practice with, look no further than the Las Vegas Gamblers General Store. They have all things gaming here, from cards and dice to home tables and custom supplies. It is the worlds largest gambling superstore.
Las Vegas gambling is one of the hottest attractions in Vegas for a reason. The heart-pounding thrill of winning–and even almost winning–is quite the adrenaline rush. You can have a lot of fun and potentially come out a big winner if you take the time to do your homework, practice, and a nice visit from Lady Luck won’t hurt either.